Under the coordination of the European Commission, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) and the CIMES Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes cluster are organizing, with the support of the Polymeris and Techtera, clusters, the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Entreprises, the European Clusters Meet Regions event to be held in Lyon on October 12 and 13, 2023. The event is organized as part of the Pollutec industrial show.
This European event brings together European clusters and clusters as well as political institutions at regional, national and European level to discuss the impact of clusters and clusters as essential intermediary organizations in industrial value chains at regional level.
CONTEXT AND OBJECTIVES
15 regional workshops are being organised as part of the “Clusters meet Regions” cycle, in EU regions that have expressed an interest in hosting such events during the 2022-23 period. These events bring together clusters and policymakers of the EU at national, regional and local levels to learn, from each other, how to better use clusters to strengthen industrial ecosystems, serve national/regional economic development and liaise with other regions.
The organization of the event on the topic of the Industry of the future makes it possible to address the problems inherent in a large number of clusters across Europe in an attempt to provide effective responses on the basis of existing experience in the manufacturing industry of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes. Supported by strong European policies such as the Green Deal and the New Industrial Strategy and implemented at the regional level by smart specialization strategies, the Industry of the Future is a relevant set for manufacturing companies that are pursuing their digitalization at the service of their priority needs.
According to the European Commission, the manufacturing industry is one of the most important drivers of employment and prosperity in Europe. Research institutes and companies, in particular SMEs, are key players in research and innovation: manufacturing companies represent 64% of private sector research development expenditure and 49% of innovation expenditure in Europe. Today’s challenge is to keep this capacity of investment in innovation in order for industry to remain the engine of prosperity and lead the digital and green transitions. Retaining this leadership position implies for the EU to fight for its own strategic autonomy by reinforcing the key supply chains and limiting the dependencies. The relocation of strategic stakeholders and activities is a necessary step to ensure EU’s autonomy, especially during crises. This movement will strengthen the new industrial alliances supported by the European Union.
In a changing world where crises follow one another and force industrial sectors and ecosystems to adapt, the event will be an opportunity to reconsider the importance of the Industry of the Future and its technological bricks to face tomorrow’s challenges in particular the Twin Transition and give manufacturing companies the effective tools to meet these challenges.
Clusters as intermediary organizations at the centre of industrial ecosystems are essential players in value chains and facilitators for raising awareness and implementing the technologies of the Industry of the Future.
The event will offer participants the opportunity to review the advantages and benefits of all these technologies and provide a regional, national and European vision of the Industry of the Future initiatives and strategies. Beyond the theoretical discussions, the positioning of the event in the context of Pollutec will make it possible to visualize these technologies and address concretely the needs in terms of resilience and green transition.
- DAY 1: 12 OCTOBER 2023
- 9.00 – 9.45 REGISTRATION
- 9.45 – 10.00 OPENING SPEECHES
- 10.00 – 10.45 INTRODUCTION SESSION
- 11.00 – 12.00 HOW THE FRENCH MODEL OF COMPETITIVENESS CLUSTERS IS RELEVANT AND EFFICIENT TO HELP INDUSTRY IN A WORLD OF CRISIS?
- 12.00 – 14.00 LUNCH & NETWORKING
- 14.00 – 15.00 CLUSTER-DRIVEN INTERREGIONAL COLLABORATION IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE PRIORITIES OF AUVERGNE-RHÔNE-ALPES: GREEN AND DIGITAL TRANSITION, TRAINING AND JOBS FOR THE FUTURE, EXCELLENCE SECTORS
- 15.00 – 16.00 RELOCATION OF INDUSTRY: HOW THE REGIONAL AUTHORITIES/AGENCIES AND CLUSTERS CAN ACCELERATE THE PROCESS AT EUROPEAN LEVEL
- 16.00 – 16.30 COFFEE BREAK
- 16.30 – 17.15 CLOSING CONFERENCE: REGIONS AND CLUSTERS, HOW TO BUILD AND REINFORCE INFLUENCE IN EUROPEAN INDUSTRIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS
- 17.15 - 17.30 INTRODUCTION TO THE NEXT EVENTS
- DAY 2: 13th OCTOBER 2023
- PITCHING SESSIONS: To participate to the pitching sessions, please check the appropriate box when you register to the matchmaking platform GREEN DAYS https://green-days-pollutec-2023.b2match.io/