Annex XIV (authorisation list) of REACH is going to be updated in the coming weeks/months and some of these updates will impact plastic material producers.
Four phthalates (DEHP, BBP, DBP & DIBP), currently on the authorisation list for certain hazard properties, will have new hazard properties added which will lift some of the current exemptions (materials for primary pharmaceutical packaging, food contact...).
In addition, 2 substances will also be added (in a classical process) and will impact on PVC manufacturers. These substances are the following:
- 2ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (DOTE)
- Reaction mass of 2ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4,4-dioctyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate and 2-ethylhexyl 10-ethyl-4-[[2-[(2-ethylhexyl)oxy]-2-oxoethyl]thio]-4-octyl-7-oxo-8-oxa-3,5-dithia-4-stannatetradecanoate (reaction mass of DOTE and MOTE)
POLYMERIS and CEHTRA invite you to an information webinar on Tuesday 5 October 2021 from 9:30 to 10:30 with the following programme:
- Introduction: Reminder of the substances (CAS, hazard properties...) concerned
- Presentation of the authorisation process
- Content of an authorisation dossier
- Constraints of this type of dossier (cost, level of information...)
- Approximate timeline for the substances of interest
- Opening up on substances that could potentially be included in the future and that will impact plastic material manufacturers?
- Q&A with our speaker Stéphane PIERRE
Reserved to Polymeris members
Contact: Sylvie CHARREL - +33 (0)6 30 50 20 15